Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Paperwork

We didn't get a call today from the agency, so I guess that means that we still don't have our documents from Bulgaria so that we can travel soon. Mark always thinks that "no news is good news" but I think some news would be an improvement. We got our I-171H extension and the new FBI prints notarized today because we expect the others will be expired before court now. We will probably also need new physicals and letters from the doctor, but we haven't heard for sure about that. I need to take these to Springfield to be apostilled, but I'd like to wait until we know about the physicals. I really hate to make two trips. The good news is that it only costs $2 a document in Illinois. Some states charge $30 per page! If we do travel soon, it would be nice if we could carry these documents to Bulgaria and avoid the charges from FedEx, too.

I also have been working on the photo album for Gracie. We will be able to give her a few pictures of our family and I want them to be just right. We have photos of the house and her room, but I want the ones of our family to ease her fears and help her to transition. I have also been working on captions in English and Bulgarian so that her caretakers can help her to know who is in each photo. We decided to make two identical albums, one for her and one for us to keep in case hers doesn't make it home. It would be a nice keepsake for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment