Thursday, July 2, 2009

We're Going in 4 Days!

At 1:00 a.m. I was working on my paper for class and noticed that we received an email from Kay Montes, our international adoption coordinator. Here is what it said:

Dear Kay,
We try to understand when MOJ will give us the referral (Information) for Duhnam and they said us that maybe till the end of this week we will have it. Could you ask the family if they could arrive on Sunday - July 4 or Monday July 5 - that's the earlier date. The next date on which the family could arrive is in August. But we will confirm you in few days when we have the referral in our office.

I don't know if they mean Sunday July 5 or Monday July 6 since the days and dates don't match, but either way that would mean we will leave in 3 or 4 days!!!! I feel the panic setting in. We need to do so many things to be ready to go...buy gifts for everyone, get our updated documents apostilled, book flights, pack, make a photo book to leave with her, compile documents to carry with us, and complete three assignments for my master's degree classes that will be due when we are gone. My heart is racing...Could we really see her next week for the first time? Really? God is definitely throwing those doors open. I feel like I am being whisked along and can hardly catch my breath. When God takes control it is a wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment