Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another Delay

Well, after getting crisp bills to take on the trip, contacting the travel agent to schedule flights, scheduling vacation time, emailing the coordinator with questions, calling six toy stores looking for a Gund Kiana doll in stock, reordering the doll to be delivered by overnight express mail (this $13 doll has gotten really expensive), meeting Mark to notarize the new FBI prints and I-171H, contacting our visa card to let them know we will be traveling, calling my parents, making a list of gifts to buy, making "to do" lists for Mark and me, checking the cost of upgrading our Vonage home phone to international rates for 1 month ($10), and being awake most of the night in anticipation, we got another email saying that they aren't going to get our approval letter this week. We aren't leaving in 4 days after all. Now they are saying that we may travel on July 21. Ugh! I was feeling frantic with so much to do, but I had my heart set on leaving this weekend.

This is exactly why international adoption isn't for the faint-hearted. In a second, all of our planning was thrown out the window; emotions plummeted from panicked enthusiasm to tired disappointment. Now, I just feel exhausted...

No comments:

Post a Comment