Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just Like Mommy

It was actually in the 60's today so we spent much of the day outside, walking to the post office, eating lunch in the park and seeing the neighbor's geese, playing on the playground, stopping briefly at the public library, and even painting wooden letters in the backyard. But the highlight of the day was a 30 second conversation while we were waiting in line at the post office.

Grace, of course, greeted a woman who was in line behind us at the counter with, "Hi, I'm five." The woman looked from her to me and commented, "I bet this is your mom...You look just like her!" I grinned and agreed. The workers at the orphanage told us the same thing. They would talk animatedly in Bulgarian, smile, point to me, pat their cheeks and Gracie's, and smile. We truly didn't care what nationality our daughter was or what she looked like, and we expressed that in our adoption request. The fact that God lead us to the other side of the globe to find Gracie and that she looks so much like our family just reminds me of how God gives us more than we could think of or hope for.
Yummy peanut butter and jelly.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw you together I thought the same thing... gosh Gail and Grace look so much alike... but now I am getting that with Elina... everyone keeps telling me how much Elina and I look alike!!

    ReplyDelete