Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where Did She Learn to Spit?

Okay, so we have been role-playing with Gracie at home to try to teach her not to hit. For instance, I will try to take her book, she will say, "No, no! This is my book." Then if I still take it she has to go tell Daddy that Mommy took her book. She thinks it is a fun game. Who would have thought that I would be teaching my child to tattle. (Something I despise in my fourth graders.) Well, today the teacher told me that some kids were spitting, and yes, sweet little Gracie was in on it...I talked to her about it when I picked her up and she admitted that a boy pushed her, she spit on him, then he spit on her. She was very proud of herself for telling the teacher that the boy pushed her...I think we need more practice.

Later at home, Gracie was "helping" Daddy build the playground when out of the blue she spit on him and started laughing hysterically. Daddy immediately put her in time out on the back step.  Oooohhh...I think she now knows not to spit on Daddy, who tends to be more lenient than Mommy. Do you think it will carry over to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment