Thursday, December 10, 2009

4 Days and Counting

Usually I am the one who stays up nearly all night before every trip getting ready, while Mark sleeps like a baby and goes to bed early, so this next statement amazes even me...I packed my suitcase and all of Grace's things tonight! My travel liquids are all packed in a quart ziploc bag, my new and very large purse is stocked for the trip, and all of my laundry is finished. I also weighed the suitcase and checked the dimensions to be sure that we were within the 50 pound limit and 62 inch size requirement. I even surprised Mark yesterday. He asked me if I had ordered trip insurance (our new flights didn't have that as an option) and I told him that I hadn't. That's it...I didn't say I would get it right away or that I would add that job to my list. Nope, I just answered his question and did not take on an extra last minute job. This is so NOT like me.

It was so nice to watch Mark searching the net for the best insurance prices, instead of me, ordering the coverage, instead of me, and printing all of the documents, instead of me. You know I just had a revelation...he can do this if I just let him. Ahhh, so I'm packed and could leave in an hour (except that the house looks like a tornado hit it) and Mark decided to take a vacation day on Friday because he has so much to still do on his list.  (Yes, I am secretly smiling.) Tomorrow night, all I need to do is finish wrapping some Christmas gifts, write a bunch of thank you notes, finish a few extra gift ornaments for the "aunties" that we bought tonight, and clean up the house. Wow, we don't even leave for Chicago until Friday. Hmmmm...I better add one more job to my list. Perhaps I should talk to my sister and see if it is still okay for us to crash at their house on Friday and get a ride to O'hare on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I heard on friday from a little girl in your class Gail, her name is Grace and she told me you were leaving for the rest of the year. She must really like you alot because she was sad to see you go but very excited about your new daughter. Have a great time on your new adventure with your wonderful new family addition! It really is the best christmas present ever!
    Love Melanie

    ReplyDelete