Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paperwork Woes

On August 18, Mark and I got our physicals redone, so that there wouldn't be any chance that they would be beyond the 6 month expiration when they go to court. Getting these processed is an ordeal. First, we both had physicals (the fourth ones in 2 years), then notarized the signatures at the bank, then drove them to Springfield to the index department for an apostille. Well, when I copied the documents to express mail to Tree of Life, I noticed that the apostille numbers on the two documents were identical...which means they are wrong. So, I called Springfield and found out that if they take the stapled apostille pages off the documents and correct them, the staple holes in the documents could cause officials in Bulgaria to doubt their authenticity. Terrific. We have to redo the physical forms. So, when my students are in PE at 10:00, I will pick up the new letters from the physician's office. During lunch from 11:00-11:30, I will have the documents notarized. Then I will fax a copy of the documents to Springfield so they can begin processing the apostilles. After school, I will drive to Springfield to have documents processed, and hopefully arrive before they close at 4:30. Then, if they are right, I will express mail them to Oregon tomorrow.

Then when I checked my email I found a new document from Tree of Life, a 17c, had arrived in my inbox! The next step is underway, but the notarized document from the agency has our name spelled wrong again. Somehow, either in Oregon or Bulgaria, they think our last name is Duhnam. It was incorrect 8 times. I hope that this can be easily fixed and that it won't hold up the process in court.

I know everything will work out...I just want it to work out FASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment