Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

I was in charge of getting Grace ready for church today because Mark was singing on Praise Team. She was so exhausted from yesterday that I literally had to pick her up out of bed and carry her to the bathroom. She looked so cute for church even though the tights I bought were way too big and I kept pulling them up so they didn't look like granny socks. We went upstairs to the new video venue for service since Mark was singing there for second service and Grace swayed to the music and did everything Daddy did during service including raising her hands and closing her eyes. My heart and my eyes overflowed this morning as I watched her trying to be just like Daddy. I have been truly blessed.

Larry and Terri joined us for burgers and hot dogs on the grill, played with the ball in the backyard, and even watched Grace hunt for Easter eggs in the front yard. Tonight she learned to drop the ball and kick it, so we keep hearing her narrate with, "Drop...kick!" During this egg hunt however, the absolute favorite gift was a plastic bucket and sand toys that she claimed as "mine" immediately. In fact she dug up the mulch in the front yard for about 20 minutes without making a sound. I kept wondering what she was thinking the whole time. Did she remember, as I did, the yellow bucket and shovel from Bulgaria? Did she miss the other children and "aunties" who were her family for 5 years? Was she thinking..."Wow, I wish they had sand here instead of these wood chips? We really need to get her some sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment