Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello Mommy!

June 9, 2009...The Ministry of Justice in Bulgaria approved our paperwork and match us officially with Daniela (aka Gracie). When Kay Montes called, Adam was home and answered the phone. He told Kay, that he was mine son and handed me the phone. Kay said that we had been approved and would travel in about 3 weeks. I was jumping around and trying to listen. I remember that I asked her, "So what do we do now?" and she told me to just enjoy the day and that she would get back with us with details in a few days. She definitely doesn't know me very well. I wanted all of the details now. We have no travel information, no idea what to expect to bring, no idea if we should schedule plane tickets, no idea about anything.

As soon as I hung up the phone, Adam was standing there looking at me with that, "are you alright" look. I grabbed him and started jumping around the kitchen screaming...and wet my pants! :-) Reality check...I'm not as young as I feel.

I called Mark right away and left a message saying that I needed for him to call me at home. He didn't even suspect that I would give him this good news. I wish I could have seen his face, but I just couldn't wait to tell someone. I called my parents right after Mark and I could tell Mom was crying on the other end of the line. She was going to be a grandma, again, and now she could actually tell anyone she wanted to tell. Dad was mowing the lawn when I called, so I know Mom enjoyed being able to share that news with him, too. Mark called his family when he got home to spread the joy.

We wanted to tell Blaise and Vince, but they had plans and called to say that they would not be home till late, so we waited until later that evening to tell them the good news in person. We met Terri, Sara and Larry at our favorite restaurant, The Royal International Buffet, for supper to celebrate. Now...I just want the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment