Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Own Bed

When we finished bath, teeth brushing, books, a drink of water, and two trips to the bathroom last night, Grace told us "Leka noshte tukay" which means "Good night, there" and pointed to the twin bed in her room. Up till this time, she has been sleeping in a toddler bed in our room and last week she started taking naps with Mommy in her own room instead of in our room. We aren't sure whether she just got confused and thought it was nap time instead of night time, but we decided not to argue. She went right to sleep and slept all night...The only one in the house who got any sleep, though, was Gracie. I listened to her every breath on the baby monitor, checked on her 5 or 6 times, and was sitting in her room when she woke up this morning.

I sure hope that I can stay awake for the post placement visit today. Jane, from Lifelink, is supposed to be here at 10:00. It is funny how stressed I was about the home study visits before we adopted, yet I have hardly thought about this one. Sure, I'll clean the bathrooms and vacuum, but dusting will only happen if I have time at the last minute. Pretty much, that is is how I usually clean. Start with the big smelly parts of the house and work my way to as many of the smaller things as possible. If I'm lucky dusting happens often enough that you can't write words on the top of the shelves. :-) Since our previous 2 social workers with Lifelink quit shortly after meeting with us, I'm wondering if Jane is worried...

No comments:

Post a Comment